Warrior Wisdom: 20 Quotes We All Need in our Lives
Life is full of waves - ups and downs, joy and struggle, wins and losses, times of prosperity and times of disruption – developing a strong mindset is critical to overcoming life’s challenges however large or small.
A strong mind and true mastery of the self is a lifelong journey and one very few are able to achieve. But as the late and great Bruce Lee once said “a goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
Are you laser focused on your goals? Are you allowing yourself to learn and grow from each challenge, or are you letting life’s hurdles set you back?
1. “We don’t rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochus
2. “The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited.” ― Ueshiba Morihei, The Art Of Peace
3. “If you walk, just walk. If you sit, just sit. But whatever you do, don’t wobble.” ― Master Ummon
4. The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.” ― Carlos Castaneda
5. "If you always put limit[s] on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there -- you must go beyond them." ― Bruce Lee
6. “Do not regret a mistake in training. A mistake that is understood and can be corrected is worth more than any effortless perfection.” ― Tagaturo Klement
7. “We chose whether to be warriors or to be ordinary.” ― Carlos Castaneda
8. “Many men feel that they should act according to the time or the moment they are facing, and thus are in confusion when something goes beyond this and some difficulty arises.” ― Shiba Yoshimasa
9. “The focused mind can pierce through stone.” – Japanese maxim
10. “Remember no man is really defeated unless he is discouraged.” – Bruce Lee
11. “The path of the Warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on the path.” ― Richard Strozzi Heckler
12. “Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” ― Cassandra Clare
13. “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.” ― Confucius
14. “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'" ― Unknown
15. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” ― Bruce Lee
16. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Confucius
17. “The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle.” ― Motto of Navy Seals
18. “A warrior has to believe, otherwise he cannot activate his intent positively.” ― Théun Mares
19. “For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.” ― Bruce Lee
20. “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” ― Sun Tzu
Stay patient, stay determined, stay persistent. 👊
For more quotes follow us on Instagram @warrior.genics and @ us to share your favourite quotes!