[RECIPE] Forget PSLs, try this cozy Latte
Winter is fast approaching and it’s time to upgrade your hot drink game.
Ditch the pricy Pumpkin Spiced Latte (AKA PSL) and try this delicious, low-calorie, easy homemade latte with warm spices; it’s the ultimate comfort drink.
We love sipping this in the evening after dinner as a guilt-free treat.
Bonus: The Cinnamon and nutmeg in this recipe are super healthy AND help curb snack cravings!
Drink like a warrior.
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- A dash of nutmeg
- A dash of black pepper (optional)
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 3 packets of stevia (for low-carb) OR maple syrup to taste
- Mix dry spices in a small bowl or cup.
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan on medium until just simmering. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat.
- Add spice mix to milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into two cups. Add sweetener of choice for each cup and enjoy!